Practising being Eco and sustainable... The Sun Glasses.

I have spent most of my life trying to be better and do better with the earth and health of all in mind. I probably try too hard and beat myself up about what I didn't do better today. However... Step by step... For instance, I have a pair of sunnies.. I've had them since about 2013...a long time for the life of a pair of sunglasses. They are a bit scratched. They cost me $29 at the Gold Coast airport. They went missing for a while, and I found another pair in a lake... That pair (which became pretty scratched) lasted me a year but I kept them as backup.

My 2013 sunnies were found... Can't remember where or when.

Then they lost their arm 2 years ago... So with screwdriver and pocket knife in hand I used the back up pair to bring them back to life. A few months ago the 'new' arm snapped off half way along. I've still got them and I still use them. I'm not attached... But for some reason they are still around and I respect them as best I can for a pair of sunnies. The back up pair is recycled now. I'm happy that I've not contributed to land fill with my pair of sunnies. I'd love up hear your sunglasses stories.


Comments

Popular Posts